Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

if you hadn't told me, i would've thought the stars were nocturnal.

We've stretched our fingertips toward the sky only to tap nails against navy as if it were merely a glass tabletop. and you told me I could reach the stars, but failed to mention I am not physically able to surpass the barrier between a reality that we know, and a reality that only knows itself. so I'll allow my eyes to teach me that the stars are nocturnal, and never discover they are actually insomniacs. and the stars will illuminate a blue and a green, and never know that we are crumbling grey buildings and crimson umbrellas. so guide my hazel eyes to reach for the stars, and they themselves will stay awake dreaming of a two-part color scheme.





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the way you talk about that stars.
    It makes me feel almost hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be honest, I didn't fully understand this but I liked every word following the next. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same.

      My favorite:

      we are crumbling grey buildings and crimson umbrellas

      Delete
  3. "We've stretched our fingertips toward the sky only to tap nails against navy as if it were merely a glass tabletop." Mmm so good

    ReplyDelete